Become a Billet Family (hosting a CPP player).
Hosting, or “billeting”, a player is a hockey tradition. From youth players to the pros, the billeting tradition has helped many young athletes get acclimated to their new cities, and teams. Host families from the local community, by opening up their homes to young athletes, provide these players the opportunity to pursue their dreams in a supportive and nurturing environment.
Players arrive in the Lancaster area in mid-August and will stay through the end of the hockey season. The season will typically end in March or early April. Any players who need to attend high school will likely stay through the end of the school year, so that they can continue their education and off-season training.
Host families will receive a monthly monetary stipend to offset expenses incurred by hosting, but the real benefit to host families is the lasting relationships formed with these young players and their families. These families provide an essential service to the success of the Central Penn Panthers Junior Hockey program. CPP is always in need of families to take in players and provide homes and a family environment. If you are interested in hosting a player or know someone who would be, please contact us at email@example.com.
HOST FAMILY REQUIREMENTS
- Provide a furnished room for the player or a furnished room to share with another billet player
- Provide nutritious meals for the player or have food on hand that the player can prepare on his own
- Provide access to a bathroom, as well as common-areas such as living rooms, laundry room, etc.
- As a member of the family, our players are required to follow any house rules that you set for them. Provide them with a set of rules before they arrive, as well as help to enforce team rules relating to curfew, visitors, and standards of behavior
- Comply with USA Hockey SafeSport screening requirements
- Allow for a visit from a Panthers staff member prior to the arrival of the player to ensure proper accommodations and conditions exist
- Regularly communicate with the club to ensure any issues are being dealt with properly and all concerned parties are enjoying the billeting experience
- Follow all host family and team rules and show respect and consideration towards all family members
- Provide their own bed linens, personal care items (toiletries), cell phones, and computers; unless other arrangements have been made with the billet family
- Provide for their own transportation unless other arrangements have been made with the billet family
- Take care of their room, including keeping it clean and doing their own laundry
- Notify the host family of their whereabouts and stay in the billet home each night unless traveling with the Team
- When traveling to away games, players are responsible for their own meals
- Make monthly stipend payments to the host family each month date to be negotiated between the players’ family and the host family